Monday 4 May 2015

Stoneleigh 2015

Went to the national kit car show at Stoneleigh today. 95% of the cars were seven or Cobra replicas, but there were a handful of Furies there at least. I was really pleased to see Steve Matthew's Pinto fury as I think his design is gorgeous. All hand-painted by roller as well! He had JK Composite seats which he let me try out. I made a twat of myself trying to get in and out because I was paranoid about damaging it.

Had a long chat with a guy called Richard on the jpsc.org.uk pitch who had owned his Fury for around ten years. He originally had a 2.0 Lancia lump under the bonnet but eventually changed it ouw for a bike engine. He said the power was similar, but the feel was completely different and handling improved.

A couple of things I hadn't noticed before about Steve's car: I like his rear light layout, and also the wind shields on the side of his screen.

No comments:

Post a Comment